Changes to boat registration stickers
Registration labels will no longer be required on Queensland registered boats and personal watercraft from 1 October 2019.
This will help save time and prevent loss of labels. Now you will not need a label for your vehicle, trailer or boat. Also, you will not need to worry about getting fined for not displaying a label.
These changes to labels mean:
- you still need to make sure your boat is registered or you may face a fine
- you won't need to display a registration label but you can leave it on if you want
- in most cases, you will no longer get a registration certificate. You can get a registration certificate online
- the registration renewal notice will be sent to the registered boat owner approximately 4 weeks before the boat registration expiry date. Make sure your details are up to date
- if you forget to pay your registration, we will send you a reminder notice.
You will still be able to check your boat registration expiry date any time at www.qld.gov.au/checkrego or by downloading the QLD Rego Check app. You can also call the Department of Transport and Main Roads at 13 23 80*.
You can sign up to get your registration by email and get reminded when your rego is due.
Find more information about registering a boat.
* Check with your service provider for call costs. For international callers, please phone +61 7 3405 0985.