Backing Queensland Maritime Jobs
The Queensland Government has committed $21 million funding to the Backing Queensland Maritime Jobs initiative grant programs. This initiative will revitalise and strengthen coastal shipping and create ongoing maritime jobs in Queensland.
The grant programs were established as an initiative after a parliamentary inquiry into promoting sustainable intrastate shipping industry in Queensland.
- Coastal Shipping Grant Program (one-off program)
- Maritime Employment Grant Program (multiple intakes over 2 years)
- Maritime Training Grant Program (multiple intakes over 2 years).
Applications are closed.
We will be partnering with industry to:
- deliver increased maritime employment, potentially through establishing new coastal shipping services or other innovative approaches
- create increased maritime employment for the Queensland workforce with existing operators in Queensland
- address skill shortages and create opportunities for seafarers to grow skills.
This initiative aligns with the Queensland Government's good jobs objective—to create and support secure jobs in our traditional and emerging industries.
The Backing Queensland Maritime Jobs Initiative was an overwhelming success with Maritime Safety Queensland receiving multiple applications across the 3 grants offered.
The initiative team and assessment panel are working hard to assess and moderate each eligible application as per the guidelines for each grant. Funding will then be allocated according to the moderated scores. For information on approved grant funding please visit the relevant grant page.