Bid proposal process
Proposals for new or upgraded facilities can be submitted to the department by councils and port authorities. Successful projects are included in a rolling program of works. The majority of construction projects are scheduled over 2 years with design and statutory approvals completed in the first year and construction commencing in the second (or subsequent) year.
Consideration of proposals consists of the following steps:
- Development and submission of a proposal by the relevant council or port authority (proposals from individuals or other entities must be submitted through the relevant council or port authority).
- Prioritising proposals on a state-wide basis and assessment against funding criteria and funds availability.
- Development of a rolling program of works.
- Notification of outcomes to proposers and announcement of successful projects by the Queensland Government.
Councils and port authorities can download the bid application forms and terms and conditions information sheet.
- Recreational boating facilities marine project proposal form
- Recreational boating facilities capital project proposal form
- Facility management terms and conditions
For more information on recreational boating infrastructure projects contact the department by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or by telephone at 13 QGOV (13 74 68).